Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Butter Incident

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday...never turn your back on melting butter in the microwave.

As usual I was multitasking...cooking, typing, and watching TV. I needed melted butter so I cut 3 tablespoons from a stick of butter, put it in a small plastic cup and nuked it. I set the microwave for 1 minute, turned my back to rinse my hands off and all I heard was "BOOM!" I turned around and looked at the microwave...the plastic cup was upside down in the front right corner of the microwave and there was butter EVERYWHERE. Me, being the brainiac I am, opened the door and butter came flooding out. You would have thought it was a tidal wave. It seemed like far more than 3 tablespoons!

With butter dripping from the microwave on to everything on the counter and splattered all over the microwave I set to cleaning it up. I now know what the coast guard was dealing with in the Gulf of Mexico! No matter what I did, what I used, the butter just moved around. I couldn't get it to clean up! I broke out the Fantastic cleaning stuff, and started spraying. Butter puddles be damned! Everything was soaked in layers of butter and Fantastic.

After about half a roll of paper towel I managed to get the majority of the mess cleaned up (I tried to use a dishrag, but that just made matters worse).  I don't remember what I did with the plastic cup. In all the chaos I may have just thrown it in the trash, or it's somewhere tucked away for a nice surprise mess to be discovered in a month or two.

I'm dangerous in the kitchen...now you know why I eat out so much!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment