Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Baked! - Lemon Ricotta Cookies (Giada De Laurentiis)

I love lemon cookies. They are probably my favorite, so when I found this recipe I was very excited!

I followed instructions exactly to bake the cookies, and used fresh lemons and zested them myself.

I mixed the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set them aside. Then I creamed the butter and sugar together:

added the eggs one at a time:

added lemon juice, zest, and ricotta cheese and blended:

added the dry ingredients slowly:

Dropped the dough onto parchment paper covered cookie sheets and baked:

While the cookies were baking I made the glaze. I put an extra 1/2 lemon worth of juice.

The recipe calls for 15 minutes, since I used one of those insulated or double layer pans it took more like 25 for them to cook completely. I let them cool for about 10 minutes then I put the glaze on:


I should have waited a little longer. The glaze kinda melted off and pooled around the cookies.

These cookies are very cake like, almost like eating the top of a muffin.

The cookie didn't have much of a lemon taste, but the glaze with the extra lemon juice was awesome. This recipe is a little complicated, so it's not a recipe to make every day, but for special occasions it is a perfect sweet treat!




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment