Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Baked - Cup o' Joe Cookies

'tis the season for baking cookies. I love chocolate and coffee, so when I ran across this recipe making it was a no brainer!

So this recipe calls for blending cocoa powder, instant espresso granules and whipping cream together, then "crumble" the sugar cookie log into the mixture...I just decided to throw the whole log in there!


And mixed (hey, it's hard to stir!):






and mixed (Pretty gross, huh?):

until it was well blended. Then I formed it into little balls (yeah they looks like little brown turds) :

And then I took a drinking glass and smushed the balls flat. (my friends always called me a "ball buster"):

And then I topped each one with chocolate chips or chunks. You can use whatever kind of chocolate you like. This time I used Semi-Sweet, but next time I might go with dark chocolate.
If the chocolate has a while film on it, it is perfectly fine to use. The chocolate hasn't gone "bad", but the cocoa butter in the chocolate has separated from the other solids and rested on surface.

Here's the finished product (notice the white on the chocolate chunks has disappeared):


These were pretty easy, didn't make a mess, and were quick to bake. If you have little kids you can make this with them as a treat...if you don't have issues with the little bit of espresso powder.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment