Thursday, December 2, 2010

Review - Bagger Dave's (MI)

I love Bagger Dave's! I use to live 5 minutes away from the Berkley location, and never went there. Now that I live about 45 mins away, I go there every chance I get!

It's a small chain of 3 restaurants (Ann Arbor, Berkley, Novi) with a 4th in Brighton opening in 2011. This is an upscale burger joint, but so much better than just your average greasy spoon. They have an extensive menu of burgers for any taste, salads, desserts, craft beers, and wine. I never order from the menu though, I always build my own "Legendary Burger."

The build your own burger menu is extensive! You can pick anything your heart desires!  you can have 1 patty (if you are dieting) or their regular 2 patty burger. I believe they also have a turkey option (but since I don't eat turkey I never pay much attention to that. Sauces, various veggies (including romaine and iceberg lettuce), sauteed onions, on either a sesame or plain bun. Bacon and cheese are a little extra. Heck, If you want them to put a fried egg on your burger or some of their hand cut Idaho fries on your burger they can do it!

Speaking of fries! You don't just get an order of fries, you get a baggie of them! These are the freshest, crispiest fries I've ever had! They are so crispy I recommend that you ask them to fry them "lite" since they can taste a little scorched if you get them regular.

This visit I decided on a 2 patty burger with Blue Cheese, Applewood Bacon, Romaine Lettuce, Sauteed Onions, and yellow mustard on a sesame bun. Sure I could have gone with Cheddar, fried egg, and A1, but I like my heart and I wasn't in that kind of mood! I also had some "lite" cooked fries, and they came perfectly salted, crispy and hot. But make no mistake, the burger was the star! When the food arrived it was pipping hot, and smelled incredible, and the first bite of burger was heavenly! I forgot all about the worries of the world while I ate this masterpiece! Angels sang. Walls crumbled. It was amazing.

Ok. So a burger can't create world peace, but if it could, it would be a Bagger Dave's burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment