Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Cooked! - Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

Since I can't eat out ALL the time, I actually cooked today. I was feeling a bit adventurous so I attempted Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza.
Ingredients:
1 lb of ground beef
Bacon (however much you like. I used 4 slices with the fat removed)Pizza dough (I used Pillsbury from the refrigerator section)
garlic powder
salt
pepper
marinara (about 1/2 a cup. whatever brand you like)
Cheese (whatever kind you like)
Oil spray for the cookie sheet
 I cooked the bacon and ground beef with minced onions, salt and pepper, and drained the grease. Then I unrolled the dough (Pillsbury) on a cookie sheet lined with foil and sprayed with olive oil. I sprinkled a tiny bit of garlic powder on the crust then ladled on some spicy marinara (use what ever brand you like, I used Barilla). Next layer was sharp white cheddar slices, then the ground beef/bacon/onion mixture, then topped with shredded mozzarella and provolone.
I baked this for about 15 minutes until the crust was brown on the edges, then I rolled the sides of the foil up to cover the browned crust and continued baking for another 10-15 mins. 


Here's what it looked like (yeah I sampled it before taking the pic lol):
I was pleasantly surprised, it tasted quite good, and was easy to make!

You can finish this by adding some shreaded lettuce. I cut up some romaine hearts and served the pizza on top.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment