Monday, November 15, 2010

Review - Ichiban (Grand Blanc, MI)

Oy! Where should I begin?

I've been eyeballing this place for a few months. I'm not a huge fan of Japanese food, but I was in the mood for something different so I gave Ichiban http://www.ichibangrandblanc.com/ a chance.
My first indication that there was something wrong was the very limited drink list. It was all daiquiris. Yuck. When I asked if they had any wine, I was told they don't have any alcohol. (WTH? but I let it go) The Waitress did say that they had Sake, so I asked if I could have some sake, and she said that the chef would bring it out (to the hibachi) with him.

 The sake consisted of a squirt bottle that the chef squirts in your mouth. kind of fun...if you can get him to squirt you! He offered it to everyone else at the table but me. I know I look young but c'mon! I asked for the booze in the first place! I never got any :(

I ordered the chicken/steak combo. it came with rice (white), noodles, 2 shrimp, and grilled veggies. The food was good, a little salty but pretty good. It is your standard hibachi fare. I was surprised that one of the grilled veggies was cucumber, and I liked it! I like cucumber anyway, but I've always had it cold, the grilled cucumber was still crispy and they didn't load it up with lots of sauces.

 I'm not sure I'll be going back there anytime soon. Maybe if they get the alcohol issue settled maybe I'll give them another try.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment