Monday, November 22, 2010

Review - Chili's (Nationwide)

Friday I went to a late yoga class with a girl friend, and after I was STARVING (since I hadn't eaten since the disastrous McRib lunch that afternoon and it was now almost 10pm). Since it was late and so many places close their kitchens at 10, we decided to go to Chili's.

I like Chili's for the most part. My only real complaint is the service. I usually end up with the worst servers at Chili's, but this time it wasn't so bad. She did ask to take our order, then wandered off to take care of another table, but that was really the worst thing she did.

As usual I ordered the Chicken Crispers! YUM! I love these things! Maybe it's a blessing that Chili's usually has terrible servers. They act as a deterrent to keep me from eating these things all the time and weighing 500 lbs! I have no idea what they put in the batter that makes them light and fluffy while maintaining crisp chewiness (maybe it's faerie dust, because it's something supernaturally good) but if I ever figure it out, I'm in trouble! I have tried on many occasions to duplicate this batter, but it always ends in disaster. The crispers came with corn and fries, and I always substitute barbecue sauce for the honey mustard. The corn and the fries were good too, but the chicken is the star! My friend ordered her favorite Chicken Tortilla soup, and some chips and queso. She loves the Chicken Tortilla Soup, so there was little talking from her side of the table when that arrived. We shared the queso, and it was ok. Just ok.

I also ordered a coffee with Kahlua and Bailey's. Most places either put too much alcohol (is there such a thing? lol) or too little. Chili's got it right, and they don't even serve coffee drinks on a regular basis. We had to ask for water specifically, which annoyed me. We are having hot food and hot coffee, if I burn my mouth on the extremely hot chicken, what am I suppose to do? Stick my tongue on the window? Grrr!

Overall the food was great, the service was mediocre, and the prices were reasonable. Chili's has such a diverse menu, there's something for everyone, even the pickiest eaters!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment