Monday, November 15, 2010

Review - YaYa's Chicken (MI/FL)

Today I tried Yaya's Flame Broiled Chicken. This is a chain restaurant that has locations in MI and FL. It's what I'd call semi-fast food. It seems like the food is prepared ahead of time, but if you come during the lunch rush, you may have to wait a bit for the latest round of chicken to finish cooking.

I love chicken, but not so much when it's on the bone. YaYa's only has bony chicken, so if you have picky kids, this may not be the place for you. The menu is long, and seems to have some healthy selections.


I ordered a chicken breast (with bone) and mashed potatoes (no gravy). The chicken tasted great! It was flavorful, not gamey, and it wasn't dry. I was worried that the chicken would be salty, but was surprised that the seasoning that was used wasn't salty at all! The potatoes needed some help though. I guess if you like gravy you wouldn't notice that they tasted like they came from a box, rather than homemade like "YaYa" (grandma) would make.


I'd eat there again, but I think I'll try the baked beans next time.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: