Thursday, November 18, 2010

Review - Le Grand Bistro (Grand Blanc, MI)

Last night DivaMom and I went to Le Grand Bistro. It's a cute little restaurant with a cafe atmosphere located in the Grand Mall (really it's a strip mall). The atmosphere is...cute. It reminds me of Panera before Panera got HUGE, crowded and lowered the quality of the food.

I wanted to order the Pollo Marinara sandwich, however they were out of that sandwich as well as the Beefeater (I didn't want that, but the server told me, so I thought I'd pass it along). I grudgingly ordered the "Pasta" which was penne pasta with marinara sauce and grilled chicken. DivaMom ordered the Chicken Barcelona which consisted of grilled chicken breast topped with bacon, peppers, onion, provolone cheese, scallions and fresh tomato. Both meals came with soup and we both ordered minestrone.

 The soup was surprisingly good! big chunks of veggies, nice size pieces of penne pasta in a light broth. Many places add too much salt to their soup, but this soup was very clean tasting and not at all salty! My entree was ok, the pasta was cooked to perfection, the marinara was good, but the chicken was gamey. This was one of the rare times I picked out all of the chicken and just ate the pasta. They should really think about marinading the chicken in lemon, or wine, or something. ANYTHING! DivaMom enjoyed her entree, so much so she didn't talk much while eating LOL. There wasn't time for dessert, so I will have to revisit Le Grand Bistro to test those out. It's a sacrifice I'll make for my readers!

I'm not sure I'll choose to go there for dinner again. The gamey chicken was a big turn off for me, but if someone else suggests meeting there for lunch, I won't object. I may avoid the chicken though.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment